Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Starting A Diet

Yes, my dear friends. I'm trimming down the contents of my plate to the minimum.

I'm going on a diet.

I spent last year's summer working for Silliman University in Dumaguete City. It was a school requirement and at the same time, a perfect chance to take on dieting. Together with 3 of the 7 people I was living with there, I vowed my life to deprivation of unnecessary nutrients. Of course, I failed. If I succeeded, I should have not started this loser blog because I would be so happy about how the earth carried on around me. But this failure could not bring me down. I was just too used to it.

You might brand me as vain, stupid, too self-conscius or anything negative that could also be used to describe Ana Wintour. But here is a reason that can change your mind: Everything is expensive. Yes, that's right. My dieting is all about economy.

If I ride a plane now rather than after a succesful diet, I will be burning more fuel. If I keep on growing and growing, my clothes will be bursting into scrap fabric. If I eat and eat, I take more from the food table which will tip the balance and cause international food scarcity leading to deaths of a million others.

Now you understand me and all the pressure pressed upon my face by Physics and CNN coverage on African children. The TV is programmed to trim you down, I tell you.

For my diet, I'll eat minimum rice, more protein viands. Nobody needs to know MY minumum. If I die dieting at least I'll rot in a smaller coffin (although I'm still trying to figure out the benefits of being in a smaller coffin).

Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts