Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Diary of a Journal

As an aspiring writer, it is only proper that I keep a journal.

Its been a few years since I started keeping journals and success in such I define by filling up whole notebooks. I'm a big failure since I only get, at most, at the first third of a notebook. I find it hard to write an entry in the journal, later only to be compelled to blog it. At the end of the day, I realize I have made two copies of an entry. Knowing you turned your efforts into carbon copying is demoralizing so a few journal entries later, the journal is closed, sealed and thrown away in the vastness of our drawers. I start to settle with only the blog.

Still being a firm believer of journaling, I formulated a solution. I bought another set consisted of a notebook and a pen from the local thrift store at our province (total cost was like 25 pesos) and decided to open a new journal and start writing. From now on this journal will be a place to deposit all my hate and obscenity. It will offend society but will be truth to me. The entries in it will be too evil to blog and to scandalous to talk about so the journal should keep to itself. No more carbon copy work!

I bought the notebook for a severe bargain so don't dare comment on the rather abnormal cover design.




I now have several entries on this journal and it is starting to talk about eating disorders, bastardization of conventions and concentrated vanity. This journal I will gladly keep to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts