Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Manny Villar is scary

Photo from here



Weee! The elections are right around the corner and being a minor, I put two votes on the table, my mother and my father's.

I don't bully my parents, I suggest. And when I suggest, I share my idea and I release an endless chain of supporting facts that exalt my idea, forcing any idea-processing body to finally submit to my claims. I think its legal because if they like there own idea better, they'll stand by it no matter what.

For this election, I'm for Noynoy Aquino and I'm making a a list of what are the pros and cons of voting a neophyte senator as president of our 7,107 islands.


The Cons:
Of course, experience is not on Noynoy's side. He's new to politics as I am to Calculus.
He is silent and De Castro like. After he became senator, nobody knew he was still working.

The Pros:
The pressure of having a legendary last name. No one can do bad things while being Aquino. Its impossible unless you are subhuman.

I'm a little bit scared about Manny Villar. He spends truckloads of money to get his face on every wall, on every TV station, on every webpage (check out YouTube) on every possible platform that can make him famous. After he wins, how can he earn back all those money? He is a millionaire businessman so I'm wondering if his candidacy is an investment where he will get more than he paid for over time.

Elections in the Philippines were patterned after telenovelas so expect drama. I suggest pay-per-view news coverage of Philippine election overseas. Marketed as "24 hour drama, its like Big Brother on a nationwide scale: Philippine Election 2010".

Click on the ads in the sidebar to see cool stuff and keep my website alive!!!
Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts