Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm Sixteen Tomorrow

Guess who's birthday it is tomorrow!!

Obviously, its mine. But I had no other ideas on how to start a day-before-blogger's-birthday post so I had stick with the obvious, almost rhetorical question I always see from other authors. Authors that have great careers and amazing writing experiences in contrast with my dwindling one.

I'm sixteen tomorrow and still in third year high school. I'm mathematically (and sometimes even integral) older than my classmates. I don't really care but its just that others are too proud of being young like everybody around them really cares. They keep on yelling: "Your old. I'm the youngest in class. I'm young but I'm in a school for the gifted a year ahead of my peers! I'm so effing gifted!". Oh really? You look like your 40 though! Just for accuracy, not all of my friends are like that.
Get more updates by clicking here.


According to previous readings, I found out that age wasn't the best indicator of distance from the grave. People aged below fifty may die anytime. Now, I indicate age as lifestyle. So if your a 25 year old smoker, your eons older than a 50 year old gym club member. If I apply this rule to my life, I might well be over 30.

If you're curious how people like me celebrate birthdays, here is a testimony. I have boring birthdays. I (or was it we) eat out and we sleep until the day after the b-day comes. It all seems insignificant. But there is the classmates factor. Your friends at school would never stop trying to make you feel special which is pretty good but can spoil you and would only break your heart if the people at your own home don't do the same.

Another ugly adjective for my 2009 birthday is "Its the second day of exams". I know. Its getting worse and worse every year. All I can do though is to prepare for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts