Tuesday, April 12, 2011
cultural backgrounds give the best shirt discounts
Look at my zebra-crocodile transfiguration shirt. I wore it for a very small part of yesterday and today. The fabric is just so comfortable!
I bought it from a store in Singapore. The two salesladies were Filipinos and I remember them ask me, in Tagalog, what was I doing there. I said I was on vacation and they responded with an offer: two shirts for the price of one. Wonderful.
A lot of worries come when your kababayans are all over the world given the amount of grief and horror we endured during the executions of our fellow Filipinos in China, the earthquakes in Christchurch and in Japan and the civil wars in the Middle East. If ten percent of the population you belong to are overseas, a problem anywhere in the world becomes your problem - but if you look at the brighter side, everywhere also becomes your home.
I love being Filipino.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Do not fear a stampede because its stampede itself. The only difference is death is rairer and people are very happy despite the fact that t...
-
A plaque outside of the beautiful New Iloilo Airport. It is very human to ask why it should happen and why it should happen to Japan. The...
-
In the title, I have just outlined the method of the Philippine SWAT Team in handling extreme hostage-taking situations. Silly but its true ...
-
I am an average computer user. If I rate my I.T. experience and knowledge, I‘d give myself an honest 7 out of ten. I know Windows and I have...

No comments:
Post a Comment