The canteen has one giant freezer with architecture adapted from coffins. On its front is photo of strawberry in frozen cream with an offset of the logo of a giant ice cream company. Maybe the freezer was given for free by the company or maybe it was bought from a giant garage sale. The origin of the freezer was a mystery.
Our Microbiology teacher finished living off another year. Its his ‘Happy Birthday’ today and he decided to stuff our hungry and loud mouths with the Cornetto cones from the canteen. I opened its paper packaging and stared at the creamy purple substance known to many as the ‘ube’ ice cream, I called it heaven on cone. I took a bite and died.
The beautiful purple cream became trash at the mercy of my tongue. Instead of the tropical ‘ube’ flavor, I tasted adobo. Again, the vapor of the frozen viands in the same freezer I was describing crept into the paper packaging of my ice cream cone. To hell with the Packaging Engineers, you destroyed my teacher's and my day.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Do not fear a stampede because its stampede itself. The only difference is death is rairer and people are very happy despite the fact that t...
-
A plaque outside of the beautiful New Iloilo Airport. It is very human to ask why it should happen and why it should happen to Japan. The...
-
In the title, I have just outlined the method of the Philippine SWAT Team in handling extreme hostage-taking situations. Silly but its true ...
-
I am an average computer user. If I rate my I.T. experience and knowledge, I‘d give myself an honest 7 out of ten. I know Windows and I have...
No comments:
Post a Comment